- An orange or yellow terrestrial flatworm up to 8 cm in length, accidentally introduced from Australia to Britain where it is destroying earthworm populations.
More example sentences
- Coenoplana alba, order Tricladida, class Turbellaria
- One subplot deals with Australian flatworms that were introduced to Scotland.
- A second introduced species, the Australian flatworm, has been spreading northwards in Britain.
- The New Zealand flatworm is concentrated in southern Scotland and the Australian flatworm in southwest England.