- The traditional Hindu system of medicine (incorporated in Atharva Veda, the last of the four Vedas), which is based on the idea of balance in bodily systems and uses diet, herbal treatment, and yogic breathing.More example sentences
- The efficacy of traditional systems such as Ayurveda, Siddha and Yoga is well-known.
- He has studied in England and India where he trained under a traditional master of Ayurveda and Yoga.
- It uses innovations in modern medicine as well as traditional Indian healing methods such as Ayurveda, naturopathy and Yoga.
- More example sentences
- Carl is a qualified Ayurvedic consultant, Yoga teacher, clinical hypnotherapist and life coach.
- On another trip to India I met with several Ayurvedic doctors and heads of prominent Ayurvedic pharmacies.
- I once asked the head of an Ayurvedic company in Bombay what he thought the most valuable Ayurvedic herb was.
from Sanskrit āyus 'life' + veda '(sacred) knowledge'.
More definitions of AyurvedaDefinition of Ayurveda in:
- The US English dictionary