Definition of Ayurveda in English:
The traditional Hindu system of medicine (incorporated in Atharva Veda, the last of the four Vedas), which is based on the idea of balance in bodily systems and uses diet, herbal treatment, and yogic breathing.
- The efficacy of traditional systems such as Ayurveda, Siddha and Yoga is well-known.
- He has studied in England and India where he trained under a traditional master of Ayurveda and Yoga.
- It uses innovations in modern medicine as well as traditional Indian healing methods such as Ayurveda, naturopathy and Yoga.
From Sanskrit āyus 'life' + veda '(sacred) knowledge'.
- Example sentences
- Carl is a qualified Ayurvedic consultant, Yoga teacher, clinical hypnotherapist and life coach.
- On another trip to India I met with several Ayurvedic doctors and heads of prominent Ayurvedic pharmacies.
- I once asked the head of an Ayurvedic company in Bombay what he thought the most valuable Ayurvedic herb was.
Definition of Ayurveda in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan