The two-humped camel, which has been domesticated but is still found wild in central Asia.
- Camelus ferus (including the domesticated C. bactrianus), family Camelidae
More example sentences
- The wild Bactrian camel, a two-humped ancestor of domesticated camels, is now critically endangered in its native habitat in the harsh deserts of Northwest China and Mongolia.
- Like many other wild ungulates, Bactrian camels live in social groups dominated by a single male, but I had no idea that a bull could control such a large harem.
- Though it is likely the ancestor of domesticated camels, he notes that studies suggest a significant DNA difference between wild and domesticated Bactrian camels.
Definition of Bactrian camel in:
- The US English dictionary