noun (plural same)
- 1A member of a nomadic Pygmy people inhabiting the rainforests of south-eastern Cameroon and northern Gabon.More example sentences
- Development groups such as CIAD (Centre International d' Appui au Developpement Durable) are now training the Baka in how to become farmers, in order to provide them with an alternative source of income.
- By the end of the week that child and all his family will have been visited by the Baka.
- The ‘Vente de Coupe’ concession system is the most devastating for the Baka.
- 2 [mass noun] The Bantu language of the Baka.More example sentences
- In Gabon, the Baka language is surrounded by the Bantu languages.
- An ex teacher, Bishop Marona has a distinguished academic background, has written several books and translated the scriptures into his own Baka language.
- Linguistically the Baka language is related to the Bongo, Moro Kodo and Jur Beli referred to as central Sudanic group.
perhaps from Lingala Ba-aka 'Pygmies'.
More definitions of BakaDefinition of Baka in:
- The US English dictionary