- A dessert pear of a juicy early-ripening variety.More example sentences
- Jörg Rupf of St. Georges told me he uses 60 pounds of Bartlett pears to make just one bottle of Pear William (pear eau-de-vie).
- You'll also find corn-bread croutons in your Caesar salad, and a helping of hickory-smoked barbecue ribs, served as a dainty appetizer, with relish made from Bartlett pears.
- About 15 pounds of Bartlett pears go into every bottle of pear brandy.
from the name of Enoch Bartlett (1779–1860), a US merchant who first distributed the pear.
More definitions of Bartlett pearDefinition of Bartlett pear in:
- The US English dictionary