- Relating to St Basil the Great, or the order of monks and nuns following his monastic rule: a Basilian school in FranceMore example sentences
- He offers this volume, then, as an extended commentary on selected Basilian texts, one that takes account of modern developments in Basilian studies.
- He says that motto is applied by Basilian educators to athletics in order to ‘educate the whole person, in mind, body and spirit.’
- The Basilian model of organized charitable and social work has been followed in more recent times.
nounBack to top
- A Basilian monk or nun: the principles he had absorbed from the BasiliansMore example sentences
- In 1958, the Basilians assumed responsibility for the community and the parish was renamed St. Basil's.
- He has accepted to co-ordinate the invitation to Basilians in the area.
- The Basilians were responsible for the missions in Alberta.
More definitions of BasilianDefinition of Basilian in:
- The US English dictionary