- The ratio of the gas constant to Avogadro’s constant, equal to 1.381 × 10−23 joules per kelvin in the case where the number of molecules is equal to Avogadro’s number. (Symbol: k)More example sentences
- The kinetic energy of the outward-moving ions in temperature units may be of the order 100k B, where k B is Boltzmann's constant.
- Boltzmann's constant, calculated from the pooled data of several observers, is in excellent agreement with the accepted value.
- We see that the temperature of a brick is just the average energy per harmonic oscillator in the brick divided by Boltzmann's constant.
More definitions of Boltzmann's constantDefinition of Boltzmann's constant in:
- The US English dictionary