- A fungicide for vines, fruit trees, and other plants, composed of equal quantities of copper sulphate and calcium oxide in water.More example sentences
- Some prominent inorganic pesticides include Bordeaux mixture, a complex fungicide with several copper-based active ingredients, used for fruit and vegetable crops.
- The soil acidity of the Médoc in Bordeaux, for example, also promotes copper toxicity where there has been a buildup of copper in the topsoil from spraying vines with Bordeaux mixture.
- Copper based fungicides such as Bordeaux mixture can be used as a treatment for these, although the symptoms disappear when environmental conditions change.
late 19th century: first used in the vineyards of the Bordeaux region.
More definitions of Bordeaux mixtureDefinition of Bordeaux mixture in:
- The US English dictionary