- A class of small aquatic crustaceans that includes water fleas and fairy shrimps, which are distinguished by having gills upon the feet.More example sentences
- Hemoglobins have been described in a select number of crustacean groups, including the Branchiopoda, Ostracoda, Copepoda, Cirrepedia, and Decapoda.
- Hemoglobin is present in Branchiopoda, Ostracoda, Copepoda, rhizocephalan Cirripedia and one suborder of amphipodan Malacostraca, while hemocyanin has been described in Malacostraca.
- Eulimnadia texana is a freshwater clam shrimp in the crustacean subclass Branchiopoda and the order Spinicaudata.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek brankhia 'gills' + pous, pod- 'foot'.
More definitions of BranchiopodaDefinition of Branchiopoda in:
- The US English dictionary