- Intermittent weak contractions of the uterus occurring during pregnancy.More example sentences
- Tightenings of the uterus, known as Braxton Hicks contractions, become stronger in the third trimester.
- The Braxton Hicks contractions only help to prepare, or exercise, the uterus for labor and delivery.
- The majority of pregnant women experience Braxton Hicks contractions during different stages of pregnancy.
early 20th century: named after John Braxton Hicks (1823–97), English gynaecologist.
More definitions of Braxton Hicks contractionsDefinition of Braxton Hicks contractions in:
- The US English dictionary