- (In North America and old-fashioned British English) a native or inhabitant of Britain.More example sentences
- And certainly a good number of Britishers, native and imports, were making good use of India to enjoy their journey.
- In ‘Horizons’, the cultivation of English-style gardens is depicted as the means by which homesick Britishers could ‘almost forget’ they were in Australia, so deeply did they detest the place.
- Hindus had fought shoulder to shoulder with Muslims against the British rulers but when the Britishers captured power it was natural for them to go as far as they could to please them.
More definitions of BritisherDefinition of Britisher in:
- The US English dictionary