noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A cream used on men’s hair to give it a smooth, shiny appearance.More example sentences
- He was horrified by the smoking, the alcohol consumed and the Brylcreem and the winkle-picker shoes they wore.
- As I was making my way through the sea of sequins and Brylcreem, I got an eerie feeling that something bad was about to happen.
- There are also old issues of Reader's Digest which carried advertisements for cigarettes and Brylcreem.
- More example sentences
- The old pavilion glistened flannel-white in the far corner, alongside the always-shaded football stand where only those in trilbies and suits were entitled to sit - with their befrocked ladies and their Brylcreemed sons.
- During the London heatwave of 1949, the Brylcreemed and debonair Derek Aylward was reprimanded by West End producer ‘Binkie’ Beaumont for wearing shorts and an open-necked shirt.
- The Adventures of Robin Hood was based on the familiar legend, though Robin was now a foppish, Brylcreemed matinee idol whose Lincoln greens appeared dry-cleaned despite his living rough in Sherwood Forest.
More definitions of BrylcreemDefinition of Brylcreem in:
- The US English dictionary