The European creeping or field thistle, which has become naturalized as a serious weed in North America.
- Cirsium arvense, family Compositae
More example sentences
- Occasionally, broadleaf weeds, such as Canada thistle or ragweed, become established in winter wheat fields and interfere with grain harvest or with the following soybean crop.
- Fields with quackgrass, Canada thistle, and other cool-season perennial weeds will almost always require the use of glyphosate around the time of planting.
- As agriculture expanded onto the prairies, wild oats and sow thistle, leafy spurge and Canada thistle migrated westward.
Definition of Canada thistle in:
- The US English dictionary