- A group of Afro-Asiatic languages spoken in the region of Lake Chad, of which the most important is Hausa.More example sentences
- Arabic is a branch of the Semitic languages, which in turn belongs to the Afro-Asiatic language family together with Berber, Ancient Egyptian, Chadic, and Cushitic.
- Since proto-Afrasian was probably not tonal, the most likely source of tone in Chadic is early and continued contact with non-Afrasian tone languages.
- A common strategy of focusing a DP-constituent in Chadic is to move it to a designated position.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Chadic languages.More example sentences
- Finally, in languages like Lele, an East Chadic language, and Yg Dii, an Eastern Adamawa language, logophoric marking can be done in all three persons.
- Guruntum is one of a number of small languages spoken in northeastern Nigeria which belong to the Chadic family, most of them under constant pressure from Hausa, with some danger of extinction.
- Among the many other Chadic tongues are Angas, Bole, Gwandara, Ron, and other West Chadic languages; the Masa languages; Kera, Mubi, Nancere, Tobanga, and other East Chadic languages; and Kamwe, Kotoko, Mandara, and other Biu-Mandara languages.
More definitions of ChadicDefinition of Chadic in:
- The US English dictionary