Definition of Chilopoda in English:
A class of myriapod arthropods which comprises the centipedes.
- This arthropod subphylum includes the Chilopoda, the Diplopoda, the Pauropoda, and the Symphyla.
- P. cinereus and some members of the class Chilopoda occupy the same microhabitat, consume similar types of prey, and are similar in body size.
- Finally, the protNJ tree exhibits a rather different topology, with the Diplopoda as basal clade to all other Arthropoda and the Chilopoda + L. polyphemus sister group of Crustacea + Hexapoda.
- Example sentences
- Major arthropod lines have long been recognized (insects, crustaceans, chelicerates, diplopods, chilopods, etc.), but the phylogenetic relationships among these groups remain controversial.
- Fritsch briefly described two specimens from the Cretaceous of the Czech Republic that he identified as chilopods, one a possible lithobiomorph.
- As with millipedes, we close this general section by addressing the impact of chilopods on humans.
Definition of Chilopoda in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan