- A Chinese plant of the daisy family, which is cultivated for its bright showy flowers.
More example sentences
- Callistephus chinensis, family Compositae
- Annual asters, also called China asters, flower in all colors but orange.
- Set out nursery seedlings of ageratum, amaranth, celosia, China aster, coleus, gazania, geranium, heliotrope, impatiens, Madagascar periwinkle, nierembergia, ornamental pepper, petunia, and scarlet sage.
- Annual varieties are known as China asters and are showier than their perennial counterparts.
More definitions of China asterDefinition of China aster in:
- The US English dictionary