- A district of a large non-Chinese town or port in which the population is predominantly of Chinese origin: we spent the day poking about the back alleys of Vancouver’s ChinatownMore example sentences
- By the early twentieth century, over 80 percent of the Chinese population were found in Chinatowns in major cities in the United States.
- Chinese emigrants have established Chinatowns all over the world, and they can also serve as bridges for conducting business.
- Perhaps the clearest example of irrational panic is the widespread avoidance of Chinese restaurants and Chinatowns in the USA.
More definitions of ChinatownDefinition of Chinatown in:
- The US English dictionary