- A member of the Allied forces behind the Japanese lines in Burma in 1943-5.More example sentences
- More successful was their use by the Air Commando which, in March 1944, landed some of the Chindits by glider behind Japanese lines in Burma.
- He was then put in charge of the Chindit force to operate in Burma behind the Japanese lines, using radio to keep in touch and supplied from the air.
- Between mid-February and the end of March 1943, Wingate led his 3,000 Chindits into Burma, where they seriously disrupted Japanese communications.
Second World War: from Burmese chinthé, a mythical creature.
More definitions of ChinditDefinition of Chindit in:
- The US English dictionary