- An extinct pidgin composed of elements from Chinook, Nootka, English, French, and other languages, formerly used in the Pacific North-West of North America.More example sentences
- Jargons are used for communicating in limited situations: trade jargons generally, and Chinook Jargon, a trade language spoken along the north-west Pacific coast of North America from the 18c.
- They used this writing system not only for Chinook Jargon but for English, French, Latin, Lillooet, Secwepmectsín, and Nlaka'pamux (Thompson).
- To get you started, here are a few of the more familiar Chinook Jargon words with brief comments.
More definitions of Chinook JargonDefinition of Chinook Jargon in:
- The US English dictionary