- A division of lower plants that comprises the green algae. They are frequently treated as a phylum of the kingdom Protista.More example sentences
- Taking the Chlorophyta, Phaeophyta and Rhodophyta together, algae display a level of variation exceeding 1300-fold, although within any of these groups the range is between only 9-and 200-fold.
- Nuclear DNA content estimates have been published for fewer than 1% of the described species of Chlorophyta, Phaeophyta and Rhodophyta.
- The green algae are divided into the phyla Streptophyta and Chlorophyta.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek khlōros 'green' + phuton 'plant'.
More definitions of ChlorophytaDefinition of Chlorophyta in:
- The US English dictionary