noun(the Church Militant)
- The whole body of living Christian believers, regarded as striving to combat evil on earth: it is now time for the Church Militant to denounce antibioticsMore example sentences
- Our Lord Jesus equipped the Church Militant with two potent weapons on that Maundy Thursday.
- Needless to say, today's Church Militant is plagued with indifference.
- This miniature, illustrating another psalm for the sons of Core, shows David before a crowned female figure, symbol of the Church Militant and then Triumphant.
mid 16th century: contrasted with the Church Triumphant in heaven.
More definitions of Church MilitantDefinition of Church Militant in:
- The US English dictionary