- 1A horse of a heavy, powerful breed, used for pulling heavy loads.More example sentences
- Waka, the Clydesdale horse pulls a wagon over a hundred years old, and the driver gives a commentary as you travel.
- These heavier horses used were largely Clydesdales and Shires.
- If you visit the livery stables you can choose between riding in a covered wagon pulled by two Clydesdales, Jock and Bess, or in a horse-drawn buggy.
- 2A dog of a small breed of terrier.More example sentences
- Both the Clydesdale and the Paisley terrier eventually became extinct, but not before they had contributed to the development of the Yorkie.
from the name of the area around the River Clyde in Scotland, where they were originally bred.
More definitions of ClydesdaleDefinition of Clydesdale in:
- The US English dictionary