- Relating to Congo or the Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire).More example sentences
- The deputy police commissioner said that a consular official from the Democratic Republic of Congo and a Congolese immigration official would be on hand in the northern coastal town of Soyo to oversee the repatriation.
- The Council also reminded Uganda not to provide military support for armed Congolese groups and called on Burundi to prevent support going from its territory to armed groups in neighbouring DRC.
- The Temps Colonial sculptures appear to be a recent example of production for this audience, but one which derives its appeal from its reflection of authentic Congolese attitudes.
noun (plural same)Back to top
- 1A native or inhabitant of Congo or the Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire).More example sentences
- He said last year, the friendly games against the Congolese helped Zambia on the build up to African Cup finals.
- There is no such coverage and hence no such understanding of the plight of, for example, Afghans or Congolese.
- Driving down to the ferry terminal, one morning, to cross the river from Kinshasa to Brazzaville I saw a Congolese on the street trying to sell an enormous head of a Tiger Fish mounted on a wooden board.
- 2 [mass noun] Any of the Bantu languages spoken in the Congo region, in particular Kikongo.More example sentences
- The fact that we didn't speak Congolese might have hindered our access to the underground world but it also enabled us to film things they didn't think we'd be able to understand or wouldn't bother translating.
- Here people speak Congolese, there they speak French.
- Do many Netherlanders speak Congolese?
from French Congolais.
More definitions of CongoleseDefinition of Congolese in:
- The US English dictionary