- Either of a pair of small glands which open into the urethra at the base of the penis and secrete a constituent of seminal fluid.More example sentences
- The Cowper's glands secrete a small amount of pre-ejaculate fluid prior to orgasm.
- Sexual arousal can cause fluid from the Cowper's glands to be released prior to ejaculation.
- I have suffered from discomfort and pain in the area of the Cowper's glands for around eight years now.
mid 18th century: named after William Cowper (1666–1709), English anatomist.
More definitions of Cowper's glandDefinition of Cowper's gland in:
- The US English dictionary