- A chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines, especially the colon and ileum, associated with ulcers and fistulae.More example sentences
- Two kinds of inflammatory bowel disease are Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
- His major interest is in what's called Inflammatory Bowel Disease, that's Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Stomas are commonly necessary in sufferers of inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
1930s: named after Burrill B. Crohn (1884–1983), American pathologist, who was among the first to describe it.
More definitions of Crohn's diseaseDefinition of Crohn's disease in:
- The US English dictionary