- 1A native or inhabitant of Cyprus.More example sentences
- Greek and Turkish Cypriots will vote on reunification a week before Cyprus joins the EU on May 1.
- Both Greek and Turkish Cypriots prefer to think of themselves as living close to Europe rather than Africa and the Middle East.
- The Senate shall be composed of an equal number of Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots.
- 2 [mass noun] The dialect of Greek used in Cyprus.More example sentences
- Interviews with workers were conducted in English, and those with officials and social movement activists in Greek Cypriot.
- I am a philologist of the Athens University, specialising (after my retirement) in Cypriot linguistics and literature.
adjectiveBack to top
- 1Relating to Cyprus or its people or the Greek dialect used there.More example sentences
- Over the millennia, different settlers have tremendously influenced Cyprus, which is why Cypriot traditions consist of a mixture of influences remaining from settlers.
- Andrew talks warmly of being raised in the northern suburbs of Melbourne to Greek Cypriot parents.
- Pambos became actively involved with Greek and Cypriot professional dancing at the age of 10.
- 1.1Denoting an ancient syllabic script related to the Minoan and Mycenaean scripts, which was used to write the Cypriot dialect of Greek from the 6th to the 3rd centuries bc.More example sentences
- The Minoans were not Greek and spoke the Cypriot language and so the established hypothesis was that there was some relation between Linear A and B and the Cypriot script.
from Greek Kupriōtes, from Kupros 'Cyprus'.
More definitions of CypriotDefinition of Cypriot in:
- The US English dictionary