noun(usually the DTs) • informal
- Delirium tremens: a terrible case of the DTsMore example sentences
- Withdrawal symptoms from alcohol are often popularly called rum fits or DT's.
- However, the DT's may occur up to two weeks after the last drink.
- They've white knuckled it through the DT's, but haven't acquired the skills needed to build and maintain stable successful lives.
mid 19th century: abbreviation, originally in the singular form DT (now rare).
More definitions of DTsDefinition of DTs in:
- The US English dictionary