- A law stating that the pressure exerted by a mixture of gases in a fixed volume is equal to the sum of the pressures that would be exerted by each gas alone in the same volume.More example sentences
- This is covered by Dalton's law of partial pressure.
- This is summarized in Dalton's law of partial pressures.
- There are several other laws pertaining to gases including Dalton's law of partial pressures.
More definitions of Dalton's lawDefinition of Dalton's law in:
- The US English dictionary