Definition of Damara in English:
noun (plural same or Damaras)
A member of a people inhabiting mountainous parts of Namibia and speaking the Nama language.
- Who would entertain the idea of the San, Damaras, Namas, Tswanas and Hereros returning to their former land/settlements?
- They enslaved the Damaras, who had, in their eyes, no right to possess anything.
- The African groups include the Owambo, Kavango, Caprivians, Herero, Himba, Damara, Nama and Tswana.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Damara.
- Frederik and the groomers are traditional Damara people and sing church songs and harmonic lullabies as they tend to the horses.
- Indeed, many Herero and Owambo named villages and towns today that had Damara names originally.
- The school is named after the late legend and the builder of the Damara nation, Gaob, Conelius Goreseb.
The name in Nama.
Words that rhyme with DamaraAsmara, Bukhara, carbonara, Carrara, cascara, Connemara, Ferrara, Gemara, Guadalajara, Guevara, Honiara, Lara, marinara, mascara, Nara, Sahara, Samara, samsara, samskara, shikara, Tamara, tiara, Varah, Zara
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.