noun (plural same or Damaras)
- A member of a people inhabiting mountainous parts of Namibia and speaking the Nama language.More example sentences
- Who would entertain the idea of the San, Damaras, Namas, Tswanas and Hereros returning to their former land/settlements?
- They enslaved the Damaras, who had, in their eyes, no right to possess anything.
- The African groups include the Owambo, Kavango, Caprivians, Herero, Himba, Damara, Nama and Tswana.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Damara.More example sentences
- Frederik and the groomers are traditional Damara people and sing church songs and harmonic lullabies as they tend to the horses.
- Indeed, many Herero and Owambo named villages and towns today that had Damara names originally.
- The school is named after the late legend and the builder of the Damara nation, Gaob, Conelius Goreseb.
the name in Nama.