- A terrier of a breed from the Scottish Borders, with short legs, a long body, and a rough coat.More example sentences
- Although a very healthy breed, the Dandie Dinmont sometimes suffers from invertebral disk disease and glaucoma.
- Nearly all Dandie Dinmonts have some white on the chest, and some have also white claws.
- The Dandie Dinmont was used to kill pests in farms, a skill that they possess until today.
early 19th century: named after a character in Sir Walter Scott's Guy Mannering who owned a special breed of terriers.
More definitions of Dandie DinmontDefinition of Dandie Dinmont in:
- The US English dictionary