Definition of Darwinism in English:
- The Christians seem to be allowed less difficulty in accepting evolutionism in general and Darwinism in particular.
- For us as scientists, natural selection and Darwinism are essentially synonymous.
- The way the tail grows could prove Darwinism and evolution or prove it totally wrong!
Darwin argued that since offspring tend to vary slightly from their parents, mutations which make an organism better adapted to its environment will be encouraged and developed by the pressures of natural selection, leading to the evolution of new species differing widely from one another and from their common ancestors. Darwinism was later developed by the findings of Mendelian genetics (see neo-Darwinian)
- Example sentences
- Unlike many Darwinists and theistic evolutionists, young earth creationists have been extraordinarily gracious to me, and I've always tried to return the favor.
- We know that social Darwinists and eugenicists in the past have drawn on, and perhaps been inspired by, evolutionary biology.
- The virulence of the attempts to suppress Intelligent Design demonstrates the Darwinists ' insecurity.
Definition of Darwinism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.