noun[mass noun] Philosophy
- (In Hegelianism) existence or determinate being; (in existentialism) human existence.More example sentences
- I am having a hard time linking Heidegger's view of modern technology with his early ideas of Dasein as a being that is primarily engaged with the world pragmatically.
- The call of conscience is the call of care, and it comes from Dasein itself.
- The meaning of Dasein is temporality and though Dasein is not homo sapiens, in German usage the category does tend to refer to human beings.
mid 19th century: German, from dasein 'exist', from da 'there' + sein 'be'.
More definitions of DaseinDefinition of Dasein in:
- The US English dictionary