- The twelfth month of the year, in the northern hemisphere usually considered the first month of winter: the fuel shortage worsened during DecemberMore example sentences
- This time last year we had doom and gloom, and December was the worst month of the year for growth.
- In December, the society announced it had two months to find the money to save the festival.
- Like most Decembers in the northern United States, the weather was bitterly cold, and Burdick struggled emotionally because she was over 150 miles away from her family.
Middle English: from Latin, from decem 'ten' (being originally the tenth month of the Roman year).
More definitions of DecemberDefinition of December in:
- The US English dictionary