noun[mass noun] • trademark
- An antihistamine compound used to counter nausea (especially travel sickness), also used as a recreational drug.More example sentences
- Italian researchers gave cruise-ship passengers 500 milligrams of ginger before embarkation and again every four hours during two days of rough seas; other passengers received the drug Dramamine.
- Have you ever noticed that Dramamine broken down is Drama Mine?
- Drugs like Dramamine work on the central nervous system, depressing the body's reaction to movement stimuli.
1940s: from dram- (of unknown origin) + amine.
More definitions of DramamineDefinition of Dramamine in:
- The US English dictionary