- A kind of hard Swiss cheese with many holes in it, similar to Gruyère.More example sentences
- Unlike Gruyère, Emmental has a dry rind free from micro-organisms.
- It's essentially our version of a Swiss cheese called Emmental.
- Four sorts of cheese are usually used: Appeuzell, Gruyere, Emmenthal and Foutina.
from German Emmentaler, from Emmental, the name of a valley in Switzerland where the cheese was originally made.
More definitions of EmmentalDefinition of Emmental in:
- The US English dictionary