Definition of Entoprocta in English:
A small phylum of sedentary aquatic invertebrates that resemble moss animals. They have a rounded body on a long stalk, bearing a ring of tentacles for filtering food from the water.
- In our original description the Cycliophora was related to the Entoprocta and Ectoprocta on the basis of ultrastructural research.
- Cycliophora was originally allied to the Entoprocta and Ectoprocta based on ultrastructual research.
- In the original description we stated that the Cycliophora are related to Entoprocta / Ectoprocta.
- Example sentences
- It supports a number of unlikely associations - entoprocts with nemerteans, phoronid with annelids, and pogonophorans with gastropod mollusks.
- The body cavity nature varies considerably in these phyla, from complete absence of body cavity in the entoprocts and gastrotrichs to the priapulid body cavity that is actually interpreted as a true coelom by some authors.
- His close association of entoprocts and ectoprocts is not supported by molecular data although both groups fall within the Lophotrochozoa clade.
Definition of Entoprocta in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan