Definition of Eurasian in English:
1Of mixed European (or European-American) and Asian parentage.
- Thus, including the elected representatives, there were 12 European or Eurasian members of the Municipal Commission out of the total of 25.
- All three Canadian born dramatists are of Asian or Eurasian descent.
- The ‘it’ she claims to have put behind her is her discomfort in being married to a Eurasian and having a Eurasian child.
2Relating to Eurasia.
- Within Malaysian society there is a Malay culture, a Chinese culture, an Indian culture, a Eurasian culture, along with the cultures of the indigenous groups of the peninsula and north Borneo.
- It is clear that they were living somewhere on the Eurasian continent and diverged from other Slavs.
- In northern continental Europe, Eurasian cranes are fairly widespread during summer months in countries such as Sweden, Finland, and Poland.
nounBack to top
A person of mixed European (or European-American) and Asian parentage.
- Evolutionary psychologists say it's because Eurasians and other mixed race individuals appear healthier.
- Other groups include Arabs, Armenians, and Eurasians.
- The island nation's population of almost four million comprises 77 per cent Chinese, 14 per cent Malays, eight per cent Indian and one per cent Eurasians and people of other descent.
Words that rhyme with Eurasianabrasion, Australasian, equation, evasion, invasion, occasion, persuasion, pervasion, suasion, Vespasian
Definition of Eurasian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.