noun[treated as singular] Physics
- A type of quantum statistics used to describe systems of fermions.More example sentences
- After studies with Max Born in Göttingen, Germany, he returned to Italy, where in Florence he discovered Fermi-Dirac statistics, a system for mathematically analyzing the behavior of subatomic particles.
- It is rumored that he was annoyed that he did not, at the same time, apply Fermi-Dirac statistics to conductors, something later done by Sommerfeld.
- We relate the Fermi-Dirac statistics of an ideal Fermi gas in a harmonic trap to partitions of given integers into distinct parts, studied in number theory.
More definitions of Fermi–Dirac statisticsDefinition of Fermi–Dirac statistics in:
- The US English dictionary