Definition of French dressing in English:
1A salad dressing of vinegar, oil, and seasonings: he whipped up a small quantity of French dressing [count noun]: they started with avocados and a French dressing
More example sentences
- What we've got now is a place to go to dinner where you can order seafood soup glistening with sea cucumbers while your date has a nice filet mignon and a salad with some homemade French dressing.
- I ordered chicken fried steak, green beans, mashed potatoes and a chef salad with French dressing and a Diet Coke.
- I wouldn't have salad that had been within five feet of French dressing before.
1.1North American A sweet, creamy salad dressing commercially prepared from oil, tomato puree, and spices.
- On the side are shredded iceberg, two big tomato slices, a plastic ramekin of bright orange vinaigrette that's less sweet than French dressing, and a pile of fries.
- Remember the French dressing and tomato sauce this week.
Definition of French dressing in:
- US English dictionary