noun[mass noun] British
- Dry vermouth.More example sentences
- You can swap the sherry for dry white French vermouth and the brandy for Grand Marnier or Cointreau, if that's what you've got.
- Also on the cocktail menu is a French Martini (Citadelle gin and French vermouth) garnished with a pickled green bean.
- Dry white French vermouth, such as Noilly Prat, is particularly useful: you can usually use it where a recipe calls for white wine, but its shelf life is limited, like fino and manzanilla.
More definitions of French vermouthDefinition of French vermouth in:
- The US English dictionary