- An assessment of public opinion by the questioning of a representative sample, typically as a basis for forecasting votes in an election.More example sentences
- The typical sample size for a Gallup poll which is designed to represent this general population is 1,000 national adults.
- A recent Gallup poll found that 75 percent of likely voters support stronger environmental regulation.
- Here's a table showing a history of Gallup polls taken on Labor Day weekend.
1940s: named after George H. Gallup (1901–84), the American statistician who devised the method.
More definitions of Gallup pollDefinition of Gallup poll in:
- The US English dictionary