Definition of Gond in English:
noun (plural same)
2 [mass noun] The Dravidian language of the Gond, with several highly differentiated dialects and about 2 million speakers.
- The fledgling dialect of Gondi is perhaps the latest to make an entry into the world of music industry.
- The word Ghusadi in Gondi means multi-coloured plume (ghu = colours, sadi = plume).
- There are many major languages like Gondi, which is a tribal language and is not even written down, but is spoken by 4 million people.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Gond or their language.
- Well, Ghusadi is a dance of Gond tribals of Adilabad.
- But they also acted as unofficial legal advisers to the Gond tribals.
- That villagers liked TV images was beyond doubt as was evident from what Devubai, a Gond woman, said.
from Sanskrit goṇḍa.
Definition of Gond in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan