noun (plural same)
- 1A member of an indigenous people living in the hill forests of central India.More example sentences
- The term Gond refers to tribal peoples who live all over India's Deccan Peninsula.
- 2 [mass noun] The Dravidian language of the Gond, with several highly differentiated dialects and about 2 million speakers.More example sentences
- The fledgling dialect of Gondi is perhaps the latest to make an entry into the world of music industry.
- The word Ghusadi in Gondi means multi-coloured plume (ghu = colours, sadi = plume).
- There are many major languages like Gondi, which is a tribal language and is not even written down, but is spoken by 4 million people.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Gond or their language.More example sentences
- Well, Ghusadi is a dance of Gond tribals of Adilabad.
- But they also acted as unofficial legal advisers to the Gond tribals.
- That villagers liked TV images was beyond doubt as was evident from what Devubai, a Gond woman, said.
from Sanskrit goṇḍa.
More definitions of GondDefinition of Gond in:
- The US English dictionary