- The Friday before Easter Sunday, on which the Crucifixion of Christ is commemorated in the Christian Church. It is traditionally a day of fasting and penance.More example sentences
- Children can take part in an Easter Trail on Good Friday and Easter Sunday at East Riddlesden Hall.
- If Good Friday and Easter Monday occur outside the standard break they are taken as a freestanding long weekend.
- Her passing was truly an Easter death - poised between Good Friday and Easter Day.
from good, in the sense 'holy, observed as a holy day'.
More definitions of Good FridayDefinition of Good Friday in:
- The US English dictionary