nounBritish Back to top
- short for house in multiple occupation. the council is considering the idea of forcing the landlords of all HMOs to apply for a licenceMore example sentences
- Where a property is not located within an area of 25% or more HMOs then change of use is likely to be granted subject to other planning considerations.
- Swansea's Labour-led council said in its election manifesto that tackling what it called an "overconcentration" of HMOs which "blights" many parts of the city would be a major priority.
- The aims of the initiatives are to control the growth of HMOs and improve the standard and management of these properties.
More definitions of HMODefinition of HMO in:
- The US English dictionary