- A Jewish religious ceremony or formal prayer marking the end of the Sabbath.More example sentences
- As the Shabbat came to a close we recited the words in the Havdalah from the story of Purim, a prayer repeated optimistically by Jews for generations.
- We finish Havdalah, the ceremony that separates Shabbat from the rest of the week, with an unspoken urgency; at its conclusion, we will wordlessly dash to the computer to check the news.
- At the Synagogue bright photos and a clean design draw the very young reader into such rituals as Simchat Torah, Havdalah, and Shabbat.
from Hebrew haḇdālāh 'separation, division'.
More definitions of HabdalahDefinition of Habdalah in:
- The US English dictionary