Definition of Herero in English:
noun (plural same or Hereros)
1A member of a people living in Namibia, Angola, and Botswana.
- This past weekend Hereros from Namibia, South Africa and Botswana commemorated the centenary of the massacre of some 65000 of their number in 1904.
- The Hereros of Namibia have raised their collective voice in this regard, taking the German government to court in the United States.
- The Namibian national identity must be reflected by all Namibians and not only by the Hereros.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Herero or their language.
- In contrast, Government has for years refused to recognise a traditional authority for the Khwe in West Caprivi and a range of ethnic Herero leaders.
- They could have shown that regardless of Kaura and Riruako's issues they had swallowed their pride and put politics behind them just to be at this memorable event as proud leaders of the Herero nation.
- As for the Ovambo and Herero traditions, you will hear from the scholars very soon in detail.
a local name, from Otshi-Herero, the Herero word for the language.
Definition of Herero in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan