- A girder which has the shape of an I when viewed in section.More example sentences
- According to Clements, all of the inn's metal I-beams were either sold on-site or recovered for later use.
- The erection crew rented a 365-ton crane used to hoist the truss and steel I-beams into place.
- Using salvage steel from the towers, the agency will simulate the force created by the airliner striking the building to see how the I-beams behaved.
More definitions of I-beamDefinition of I-beam in:
- The US English dictionary