- 1Relating to or denoting a Pleistocene glaciation in North America, preceding the Wisconsin and approximating to the Saale of northern Europe.More example sentences
- This preserve is located on a käme (a hill or mound of stratified drift deposited by glacial meltwater) formed during the Illinoian glacial epoch.
- These well-drained, sloping soils developed on Illinoian glacial till overlain with loess and have a compact fragipan that restricts root growth.
- The forest studied in Pike County, Illinois was on Illinoian glacial till in the Glaciated Section of the Mississippi River Border Division.
More definitions of IllinoianDefinition of Illinoian in:
- The US English dictionary