noun[mass noun] • trademark
- An alloy of nickel containing chromium and iron, resistant to corrosion at high temperatures.More example sentences
- Materials include all varieties of 300-series stainless steel, titanium, Inconel, and other alloys.
- Clad steels can have as the cladding material chromium steel in the 12-15% range, stainless steels primarily of the 18/8 and 25/12 analysis, nickel base alloys such as Monel and Inconel, copper-nickel, and copper.
- This includes joining hard-to-weld and exotic materials such as the stainless steels, aluminum, magnesium, copper, beryllium copper, Hastelloy, Inconel, Invar and Kovar, especially in very thin cross sections.
1930s: apparently from I(nternational) N(ickel) Co(mpany), on the pattern of nickel.
More definitions of InconelDefinition of Inconel in:
- The US English dictionary