Definition of Iraqi in English:
Relating to Iraq, its people, or their language.
- It was used alongside other intelligence material, giving the impression it came from Iraqi sources.
- The makeshift chariots were pulled by Iraqi horses commandeered from looters in the area.
- The vouchers allowed the bearer to buy Iraqi oil at cut-rate prices and could be sold for a profit.
noun (plural Iraqis)Back to top
1A native or inhabitant of Iraq, or a person of Iraqi descent.
- We need your help to carry on helping the Iraqis and Marsh Arab people at this critical time.
- The remainder is made up of a mix of many different nationalities including Iraqis.
- This gave the Iraqis an opportunity to show the Americans what they wanted to see.
Definition of Iraqi in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan